Greasy, Oil-based Stains
- Use a spoon or dull knife to remove solid materials.
- For these stains, use a citrus solvent applied directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
- For large stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
- Blot up liquid spills with a white towel or paper towel.
- Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
- Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
- Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
- If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
- Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
- Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
- Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
- If the stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, color-fast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
- Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
- If stain remains, proceed to Step 3.
Do NOT use on coffee, tea or urine stains.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of non-bleaching, non-sudsing household ammonia with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply ammonia solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
- Do not dry with paper towels. Proceed to Step 4 to neutralize the ammonia solution.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
- Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
BEACON CARPET CLEANING - 949-496-6079
HEMPHILL’S RUGS & CARPETS – 949-722-7224
Home | About Us | Portfolio | Products | Promotions | Cleaning & Care | Links
us an e-mail -
Phone (949) 722 - 7224 Fax (949) 722 - 7004 - 230 East 17th Street, Costa Mesa, CA, 92627
Serving Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Corona del Mar, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Irvine, Tustin, Ladera Ranch, Dana Point, San Clemente, Fullerton, Santa Ana, San Juan Capistrano and more.